Sunday 21 March 2010

20th March - Sherrie & Dax's wedding


I've been so excited about this wedding - it's my first booking via Facebook!

Shame the weather isn't look as though it's going to be kind to us. Woke up to pouring rain and get soaked loading the car.

Off to M&S to pick up snacks then it's straight to the venue to meet Liz, my favourite florist. Flowers are looking gorgeous!

The bride seems very calm, hair and make-up well underway.

The time is whizzing by, setting up candles, confetti, place cards, favours and soon it's time to lace the bride into her dress.

Lovely ceremony and then the weather brightens up enough for a few photos outside.

No ushers at the wedding, so left to me to get everyone into the dining room. They're all looking forward to their food, but not yet - the speeches are before the meal. (I wouldn't recommend anyone does this unless they have had canapes with the drinks reception).



While the guests tuck into the Wedding Breakfast, the photographers and I take a break in the conservatory. We're discussing how bad it is to have another celebration party booked in the hotel tonight using the same bar as our guests - we didn't know the man listening was the hotel manager! Oops! He's not happy but I tell him what I think which it that I believe the hotel being greedy taking multiple bookings. I think he forgave me later as he gave me his card and invited me to come in for a coffee and a chat in the next week or two. Maybe he wants to offer me a job - he's got no chance!

After the meal I manage to get everyone out to the bar so we can turn the room around. At least they're changing the table-cloths (think that may be for my benefit!)

Candles replenished, table confetti scattered and lights dimmed - looks lovely! I think I may be over my OCD - I don't have the urge to turn all the 'Just Married' confetti the right way up!

Why is it as soon as I decide all the evening guests have arrived and it's safe to empty the post box and take all the cards and gifts to the bridal suite, I come back to find 2 more cards and another present? Do they wait for me to empty the box and then sneak them in? Oh well, another trip upstairs won't kill me - will it?

With the buffet being devoured and the guests partying the evening away, I sneak off and leave them to it. Looks as though the bridesmaid has had enough already...

1 comment:

  1. As sister to the groom i would like to thank debbie for doing such a wonderful job,she made the day run so smoothly and the only thing to suffer was her feet on all those stairs lol
    the bride(my new sister in law Sherrie) looked gorgeous and my lovely brother Dax did us all proud.
    i would `nt hesitate to recommend wedding wonders to anybody who was getting married x

    ReplyDelete